Wednesday, August 17, 2022

"Unsure if accounting is for you? I was the same way, until my internship at Monroe Shine!" by Staff Accountant, Olivia Ferriell

Hi everyone! My name is Olivia Ferriell and I recently graduated from Indiana University Southeast with a major in Accounting and a minor in Business Analytics. I started at Monroe Shine in January 2022 as a tax intern and at the end of the semester I transitioned into a full-time Staff Accountant position. Prior to coming to Monroe Shine, I worked part-time at a local bank and completed a private accounting internship, but I wanted to experience public accounting as well. By completing various accounting roles my goal was to have a better understanding of which path I wanted to pursue after graduation.

Before starting my internship, I had already taken two tax classes and they had turned out being some of my least favorite, so I was extremely nervous coming into my first tax season. However, after completing my first tax season, I ended up really enjoying doing taxes! The knowledge I gained during my internship was so vast and much more in depth in comparison to the other internships I had during college. Working as an intern at Monroe Shine not only confirmed that accounting was the right path for me, it also solidified that public accounting was a career path I wanted to pursue.

If you’re considering a public accounting internship or even an admin role, I would highly suggest Monroe Shine as the place for you! Even if you’re still unsure about which path is right for you, the experience and knowledge you will gain at Monroe Shine will greatly help you out in the long run.



~ Olivia Ferriell (A 2022 Spring Intern, currently a Staff Accountant)


No comments:

Post a Comment