Tuesday, August 23, 2022

"From Summer Intern to Staff Accountant" by Jack Lilly

Hey, I’m Jack Lilly, and I started with Monroe Shine last summer as an Accounting Intern. I really liked the experiences I got from this internship and the opportunity to connect with so many people in the firm in one short summer.

My internship took place after my junior year at Indiana University, and afterward I was fortunate enough to accept a return offer for after graduation in May of 2022. This helped a lot in making my senior year of college stress free since I didn’t have to do any recruiting, applying, and interviewing for jobs like some of my friends.

Working at Monroe Shine last summer was my only internship experience, but I was very fortunate to enjoy my time here so much that I wanted to return. While one internship worked out great for me, I would suggest most students aim for two internships. This could be done by starting your first internship after freshman or sophomore year of college. By having time for multiple internships, you could find out a lot about what you would like and dislike in a full-time position.

Monroe Shine has given me amazing opportunities since I first got in contact with the firm back in high school. They helped me go to the university I always wanted to, offered me a great internship, and provided me a job I have really enjoyed. I hope any readers of this post will be as fortunate as I was in their own internship journeys!!




~ Jack Lilly (A 2021 Summer Intern, currently a Staff Accountant)


No comments:

Post a Comment