Monday, August 15, 2022

"A summer internship at Monroe Shine" by Intern Riley Winslow

 Hi everyone! My name is Riley Winslow and this summer I had a great internship experience with Monroe Shine. I had just finished my sophomore year at Marshall University and had no Accounting work experience. I wanted the opportunity to observe the environment of a firm to see what my future career path holds. I’d thought I was going to intern at a different firm, but it fell through at the last minute leaving very few options available. That’s when I contacted Monroe Shine asking if there was anything I could do around the office, just to be of some help, while also observing how business was run at the firm.

I received a quick response, had an interview the next day, and then was able to get started soon after. I was welcomed in with open arms and everyone was very friendly! In my roll as Administrative Intern, I directed phone calls and interacted with clients when they visited the office. I gained knowledge on how to professionally handle tough situations, honed my customer service skills, and made many new connections.

I’m so glad that this company is providing not just high quality services, but high quality people, for the betterment of our community. I am so thankful for the opportunity that Monroe Shine provided me, and I very much look forward to coming back again next summer!



~ Riley Winslow (A 2022 Summer Administrative Accounting Intern)

No comments:

Post a Comment