Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Declassified Internship Recruiting Survival Guide by 2015 Intern, Rachael Creger: Part #1

"Why Intern?!"


Hey all! My name is Rachael Creger and I am currently a senior at University of Louisville. I’ve been a spring and summer intern in our Louisville office. These last 7 months or so have been an amazing and rewarding experience. Professors and parents always tell us that real-world, hands-on experience teaches you more than lectures do, and up until this spring I didn’t really believe that. After surviving my first busy-season, as well as a much quieter summer, I can wholeheartedly agree with that statement. I have learned so much during my time at Monroe Shine from my coworkers, the partners, and other interns. A lot of students shy away from interning because they don’t want to take a semester off, or only take a partial course load, or a variety of other excuses. Regardless of what you need to do, what strings you need to pull, an internship is 100% worth it! If you are on the fence about trying to land an internship this school year, this is your sign that you need to do it!

During my past two recruitment seasons I’ve gotten a lot of great advice from professors and my school’s Career Center, but I wished I had a good friend who had already gone through an internship at a firm who would just tell it like it is. So welcome to my Declassified Internship Recruiting Survival Guide. Over the next few weeks of recruiting season I’ll be posting little chunks of wisdom and some fun anecdotes. Enjoy!

~ Rachael (2015 Spring and Summer Intern)

No comments:

Post a Comment