Monday, August 15, 2016

"Is it really recruiting season, again?" by Staff Accountant, Rachael Creger


Wow! Time really does fly when you’re having fun. I cannot believe that another recruiting season is upon us, and in a just few short months it will be another tax season with more new faces! This fall will be my fourth recruitment season, but only my second on this side of the fence. I had so much fun writing last year’s Declassified Internship Recruiting Survival Guide, and was so excited to be asked to write another series of blog posts again this year.

 A year ago, I was just starting my senior year at the University of Louisville and was so excited to be continuing to intern with Monroe Shine. Way back in the fall of 2013, I met Butch and Mallary at UofL’s Accounting Social, and now – for the second year – I get to attend this amazing event alongside them.


A lot has changed in the last year, for both myself and for Monroe Shine. This past tax season was my second, and it was a completely different experience (more on that in a later post)... In May, I graduated from UofL with my Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration, and began my career as a Staff Accountant with Monroe Shine. And just a few short weeks later, we moved to our new beautiful office located at 500 N. Hurstbourne Parkway. It was a stressful few days leading up to the move, but we all love this new space so much. And our cubicle area for staff and interns has more than doubled in size!
 

As I mentioned earlier, I am so excited to get to write more blog posts. Be sure to check out last year’s series by clicking on 2015 over on the right-hand side. Last year my focus was on giving the inside scoop and good advice based on my experience, this year’s focus is leaning more towards my personal experience at Monroe Shine and the wonderful transition from intern to full-time staff that I know each and every one of you will get to make someday soon! Stay tuned, and I can’t wait to meet all of y’all at various recruiting events this year!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment